More mermaids are coming to Bristol Cove. What mermaids will do on Siren in Season 2 and how to watch Siren Season 2.
Season Two of Freeform’s Siren will premiere on January 24, 2019. During New York Comic Con, the cast and producers of Siren gave The Mermaid Podcast some important information on the mermaids that will be seen in the upcoming Season 2. We talked to cast members Eline Powell (Ryn), Alex Roe (Ben) and Fola Evans Akingbola (Maddie), and producers Eric Wald and Emily Whitesell. The one thing they all agreed on: more mermaids are coming!
Here’s what we know about the mermaids in Siren Season 2:
- Females are alpha. Mermaid Ryn became the “queen” in Season 1, and we are going to learn more about the mermaid matriarchy in Season 2.
- The love triangle will continue. Fans of Siren love the chemistry between Ryn, Maddie and Ben. It’s been hinted that we’ll see a deeper look into their polyamorous relationship. In fact, one of the mottos in the writers room is “glamorous and polyamorous.”
- Mermaids can learn English. Ryn continues to expand her vocabulary. Eline Powell, who plays Ryn, admits to keeping a document of all the words Ryn has learned on the show.
- Mermaids live in tribes and clans. We’ve met a few other mermaids from Ryn’s world. We’ll meet more of them this season, and learn more about their society.
- The military is still a threat to the mermaids. After the demise of Decker, the military had lost their primary connection to the mermaids. In Season 2, the military’s plans for the mermaids will be a continuing storyline in the second half of Season 2.
- Others will be “siren-ed.” We know that the siren song has affected Ben, and it will affect other humans in Season 2.Fola Evans Akingbola explains the siren song like this: “The siren song is a tool, like a knife. It can spread butter and it can also kill.”
- What else? Hear and watch our full interview with the cast and producers of Siren at New York Comic Con.
Listen to The Mermaid Podcast: APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PLAY | iHEART RADIO | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
How to watch Siren Season 2:
When: Thursday, January 24th at 8pm on Freeform
Where: Freeform app, Freeform.com, Hulu, On Demand
What about Season 1: You can find Season 1 on Hulu.
Image courtesy of ABC Disney/Freeform
Image caption: SIREN – “The Arrival” – With more mermaids landing at Bristol Cove’s shores, the threat of discovery increases. After his encounter with the siren song, Ben tries to cope with the after effects. Maddie’s mom (Garcelle Beauvais) returns to town and tries to connect with her daughter. Meanwhile, Ryn attempts to adapt to life on land. This episode of “Siren” airs Thursday, Jan. 24 (8:00 – 9:01 P.M. EST) on Freeform. (Freeform/David Bukach)
ALVINA AUGUST, HUGO ATEO, AYLYA MARZOLF, MILLAN TESFAZGI